Monday, May 11, 2009

Mommy's Day photos




Yep, this is what it is all about. Mother's Day was awesome!!! I noticed that I have very few pictures of me with the kids. Mainly because I am the one taking the pics. :)
My little Kenzie calls this day Mommy's Day. I like it because I think that it is so important to be both a Mother and a Mommy. To me the difference is that a Mother is the one to nurture, guide, teach and disciplined the children. The Mommy gets on the floor and plays with the kids, she also gets dirty, does crafts, and is at times goofy just to make them laugh. I hope to find a perfect balance of the two Moms, so to speak.
The family did make me breakfast in bed though. I actually woke to the smoke alarms going off. When they brought the food in they, including Bryan, looked so pleased with themselves. I think I had eggs, and hash browns...pretty sure there was sausage and toast. I did see three strawberries but they were consumed by the kids before I even had a chance to smell them. It was so stinkin' funny cause I sat there with 3 little vultures waiting to consume what ever I didn't. lol One kid would say "hmm are you gonna eat that egg?" or "I sure wish I had some sausage." I think I had about two bites of each thing before I ended up giving it to the kids. They had all already eaten breakfast mind you.
We also celebrated my upcoming birthday on Mother's Day. I know I got the sort of got the shaft there but it was totally worth it. Bryan, his parents and a close family friend all pitched in to get me a new couch set. My old couch was a hand me down and pretty disgusting. I will have to post pics of the new couches soon. I am just so excited. I have never had new couches before. We have always had hand me downs or thrift store couches. I just feel so grateful for such a fun surprise. Now I don't have to be embarrassed when we have company over. :)

5 comments:

M.Howerton said...

What an adorable picture!!

so glad you had a great mother's day!
And I LOVE new couch smell- it's addicting :)

Derrinda said...

Glad you had a good Mommy Day Amy. That sounds like an awesome present! Hope you have a good birthday:)

Becki said...

Hahaha! So cute. Wait, what's with Isaac? He looks constipated. I love Benny's face..."Fine, I'll indulge you for a while, but really, how long do I have to do this? I could really go for a tall bottle of milk right now."

Amy (Church) Thulin said...

Isaac is so funny when we do pictures. He is afraide to move cause both grandma and mommy get all unset. So he sort of just stands there like a robot. At least he is good. lol

Sarah Tilley said...

sweet! i love that you're such an awesome mommy that you let all the kids scarf up your breakfast in bed. i'm kind of territorial about my hashbrowns. :)