Sunday, May 31, 2009

Makes me smile.

I was watching my little family as I sat in church today. I realized that I am a very lucky person. Regardless of what anyone else can see I see happiness. I didn't know that I could be this happy and content in my life. The pains and sorrows that I feel are mostly because of the suffering and afflictions of those around me. I have so many people that I truly love and care about who are suffering in one way or another. It is so difficult sometimes to know that there is little I can do to help them. I guess just listening would be good, but I am not good at that. I have a hard time shutting up and just listening. Thanks to my sister for reminding me to stop trying to solve her problems and just be a shoulder to cry on. :)
So here I am with my adorable family and close to perfect husband. I am a spoiled little brat huh. We have a home, and we have a stable source of income, our children are healthy, and our marriage is pure and strong. Sometimes I almost feel guilty at how many blessings I have. I wonder why I deserve all of this when so many others struggle? I understand that where much is given much is required, but it just feels like there is always more I could do.
How grateful I am that I have such blessings and the opportunity to try and help others. I hope this post doesn't seem like I am boasting or I think I'm all that or anything. I simply feel overwhelmed with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for my life. If anything...it is teaching me to be more compassionate to those around me.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Your cute family and funny blog entries makes me smile to!

Unknown said...

I love your entries! Between you and Melissa, I can get in a good laugh every other day. As long as you guys post something :). Keep the memories coming!

Robert and Natalie said...

It is a beautiful thing to be grateful when times are good. I also think that there are those people like you pointed out who have it good so that they can be there to love and support others during their trials. You are just lucky to be one of those people right now. :)

Lauralee said...

I think it is awesome that you recognize your blessings! I think part of having struggles is so when things are easy, you can have empathy for those who are struggling...