Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'm taking the advice.

So I have been painting these princess pictures for my girls lately.

I have always hidden my art work for such stupid self-conscious reasons. I guess it's just fear. What if I am not any good, or
what if others don't like it. Well I have been painting again and I haven't been worried about what others thought, mainly because I have enjoyed it so much. Not to mention my girls get so excited as I get close to finishing each piece.





I have done 3 now, the two shown and Cinderella, who is being framed, so I will post it later.










My good friend Melissa said something that really made me think. She told me that I didn't give myself enough credit and that I shouldn't be afraid to post some of my work. So although this is very scary for me I feel I need to suck it up and share a God given talent.


I don't expect comments, I just needed to do this for me. As a first step toward being able to maybe sell something one day. Thanks for the boost Melissa.



8 comments:

We Three Madsens said...

Wow Amy! I cant believe you painted those, thats amazing!

I am due June 9th. However it looks like I will be induced on June 4th because my doc is leaving on vacation :(

Kristin said...

Seriously..... hiding a talent like that, I would have had you do my self portrait a long time ago to hang over my fireplace.
Miss seeing you around Orting!

Heidi Davies said...

I agree with Melissa - give yourself more credit. You are very talented.

Amy (Church) Thulin said...

thankyou for such nice comments. I am sure everyone has something like this that they are just afraid to show. So get out there and do it. :)

Robert and Natalie said...

So talented! Your princesses are even prettier than Disney! I love your snow white. Your girls are very lucky :)

Heather said...

You can paint me something anytime you want to Amy. Anything and anytime! Love ya!

Kim said...

Are you kidding me? You are great. Yes, please suck it up and just share. They are excellent. No wonder your girls get so excited. I bet your boys would to if you were painting dragons. :) Nice!

Unknown said...

Holy freaking cow! I love your work!