Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mommy blues

I don't like to be chubby. I know, I know what you are thinking "then do something about it" I get that. You see before I had children I would wake up at about 7:30am and go for a jog with my pooch. It was sunny and nice outside and I would just run and think. Now I get maybe 4 hours of sleep at night, I am up with sleepy eyes at about the same time 7:30am, but it is a whole new world. I wake up to either a crying baby or a 4 yr old boy begging to play the WII. Then I wake up Katie and fight her about getting ready for school. Then I make 3 bowls of cereal, open one can of baby food and feed the masses. Next I rush to make Katies lunch, cause I always forget to do it the night before, and listen to her cry while I attempt to brush her hair. Hair brushing isn't a Chinese torture treatment, but man you would thing so by the way she acts. Finally she is off to school, LOVE CARPOOLS!!!!
Then it's back to the kitchen to clean up all of the spilled cereal and milk. Usually by this time Ben, the baby, has decided that he must be attached to my hip. So now I attempt to do dishes with one hand. I usually give up and go get the kids dressed, there is usually a few phone calls to answer in there. I have to admit that these calls from friends help me to NOT beat the children sometimes. So their lives are owed to you. lol
Now usually I take a few minutes and let everything go and jump on facebook or blog. During this time there is usually a few fights and a crying baby. Now it's like 10:00and I haven't eaten breakfast and I am still in my PJ's.
I'm sure that there are a million and one things I am doing wrong, and everyone has advice to how to make changes. But reality is I just don't have it in me to get up at 5:30am to workout, especially when I am usually up at about 3:30 to feed Ben. I have tried the workout at night thing...by about 4:00pm I am soooo tired that the idea of the treadmill just bugs me. The only thing I really do these days is WII fit, which I love cause I can play it with Isaac in the mornings.
So I am chubby, I am a bit lazy maybe and I am defiantly unmotivated. I am not really looking for advice, cause let's face it I probably won't take it. I knew being a Mommy was going to be a challenge. I knew that I would not be skinny forever, and I also know that it is ok to feel crappy once and a while. So what is my silver lining? What is my goal to work toward?
My kids won't be little like this forever. They are growing up so fast and I don't want to miss any of it. I spend a lot of time just playing with my kids. I am doing a little bit of exercise and I do eat a lot healthier. So maybe now is my time and season to bond with my babies. It is hard to have little ones. Sometimes it feels like they suck the life out of me. But really they are my life right now. Maybe I can focus more on how much fun I do have with them. I can worry about getting fit when they are in school and I am looking for things to do during the day. Actually that makes me feel a lot better. :) I just need to take it slow and be ok with taking it slow. Do what I can for now and decide to be happy.

6 comments:

M.Howerton said...

I read a great quote once and use it now as my philosophy. Have Joy in your Children. Have Joy in your mothering.

That is all you need to do. It is not always easy- I totally agree with EVERYTHING you have said- it is my life to a T! seriously, you would think you just wrote about my day.
You are not alone. I am constantly picking on myself about my weight and what the kids did to my body. But I love them and they are my life. I have just come to terms that I need to be happy with the way I look and stop trying so hard to look like all the "other" moms.
My greatest accomplishment is my children and it shows. I am always neglected and homely looking, but my kids never do without the love and attention they deserve.
This is also you! A wonderful mother enjoying her children.
See beauty in yourself and find peace with it. Do the best you can at your rate and standards that fit today. I won't judge you, I promise!!

You rock!

We Three Madsens said...

All I can say is AMEN! I know just how you feel. Its just after 10 and Cameron is dressed and fed... but Im still in my PJs and havent eaten either. Its hard to be motivated to get up and dressed sometimes especially when you have nothing going on that day. Like your friend said have joy in your children and mothering, because even if you dont look or feel exactly how you want to at least your doing the best job in the world!

Kristin said...

I think part of your problem is this CRAPPY weather we are having. When it's sunny we can take walks or go to a park and it really lfts our spirits, but with all this rain we are pretty much house bound. I'll put a call in to the weatherman today for you and see what he can do.

Robert and Natalie said...

oh Church I am so glad that I am not the only one that struggles with vanity you are doing all the right things and it will pay off there is a time and a place for everything love you.

Courtney said...

I really liked the last thing that you said, that you have to DECIDE to be happy. That is totally something that I am struggling with. I don't think that happiness is a mood, its a choice. My friend explained something to me that I hadn't considered before...you know the saying, "if momma aint happy aint nobody happy"? I always took that to mean that my family better shape up and make me happy. My friend explained that maybe it means that unless mom is happy first, the whole family can be dragged down. Its a battle, Amy. I struggle, too. Being a mom is just a dang hard job--don't feel bad because we're all in the same boat. Good luck:)

Lauralee said...

oh great post.. seriously. I think every mom can relate.. the only thing I could add to the other comments is to give yourself permission to feel the way you do.. like your next post says.. it passes, but I imagine the feelings will return again..

AND everyone has their own ideas of what is important.. and where they are going to spend their time and energy....

AND we are all doing the best with what we know..

okay.. i'm done. :)