Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Still Learning

So I guess I have a lot to learn still about myself. I learned today that holding in a frustration about others hurts everyone involved. Sometimes those unfriendly confrontations can heal wounds that should have never been made. Unfortunately some wounds just take a long time. I find myself making judgements when I haven't gathered all of the facts. Please tell me I am not the only one. And even if I feel I have been wronged by another it isn't my responsibility to change their actions. I am only in charge of my own. I choose to be offended or hurt, and that is difficult to control at times. Some times I look at myself and just don't like who I am becoming. I am so grateful for repentance and the chance to make a change for the better. So how do we do it? Everyone has some two cents about how to be a better person, but nobody can change my heart but myself and the Lord. Thank heavens I always have my Saviour to pull up the slack.

4 comments:

Robert and Natalie said...

Amy I know that no one would deliberately offend you. So you just have to give people credit and think most people are doing the best that they can. I saw someone at church a few weeks ago and I was looking in the nursury but hadn't realized that I was early so I quickly shut the door. I am so methodical that I didn't say hi so I later apologized and she said you haven't changed a bit. I took offense thinking that she must have thought that I have always been caught up in my own world (I think that it is excusable now that I have kids) but she really meant that I don't look any different. So be slow to defense wow that was like a post instead of a comment. I think your fabulous and I am sure that everyone else does too and if they don't they are just STUPID :)

Lauralee said...

don't be too hard on yourself.. seriously.. you are a good friend, and even better friend for confronting the situation!

you looked great. again- today.. loved your dress. you have great style!

Sweet Caroline said...

Hi--Yes, I found your blog and wanted to say that I had the same conversation with my husband today. He said, "People can say whatever they want...it is up to you to decide if it is true." Hope that helps. It actually helped me!

April said...

It's a disease we women have. :-) We're so stinkin' perceptive and analytical, but sometimes it can be our downfall! LOL. I think any woman who says she hasn't had an experience with this very issue would not be telling the truth. Good for you for working through it and relying on the Savior to make it better ... He's the only one who can. Love ya!