Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Merry Freakin' Christmas

So...we thought we could do Christmas pictures with the kids this year. We must have tried to many different shots because this is how most of them turned out. Ha Ha Ha. I just have to laugh because sometimes as a Mommy I asume that my way is always the best way, and then my turns out like this and I have to humble myself. I am really trying to use more positive ways to teach my kids. I am a Mother who yells first and then listens last, and I am trying to change that. Katie, my almost 7 yr old, is a smart little thing and she is able to communicate better now. I am slowly learning that sometimes I just need to listen to her. Let me tell you that this is so hard sometimes. But I guess that's what makes me the Parent right...the ability to "control" my emotions and act rationally. At least that's how I'd like to be. :) Any way just my thoughts.

4 comments:

M.Howerton said...

I have so much more respect for my parents now that I understand what being a parent REALLY is. I used to think it was freedom. Ha! Your picture explains it to a T. I love that you bought this - if only everyone took the "Real" shots.
You are so hilarious -thanks for keeping it realistic.

Sarah Tilley said...

hah! i love the photo. i would seriously frame that one. :)

Brian & Tiffany Family said...

Picture perfect familes are over rated anyway! That one is a classic and needs to go on the wall.

April said...

That's a fantastic picture! Love it!