Wednesday, February 4, 2009

McKenzie's Death Wish



So last night I almost killed one of my kids. My 2 yr old has decided she doesn't want to wear diapers anymore. I know what you're thinking...potty train. No, you see she doesn't want to wear clothes either. She enjoys the natural look if you know what I mean. Last night she took off THREE POOPY diapers. I cleaned the kitchen, hall way and bathroom floor. Not to mention the 3 baths I have to give her because of the poop smeared all over her naked body. Lovely. Well at bedtime she did it again and Mommy snapped. I yelled, screamed, and spanked. I looked her in her adorable little face and said "do not take off you diaper again...do you understand." She looked at me with her big brown eyes and said "note" which is Kenzie for nope. I had to take a deep breath and then walk her to the poop on the new carpet, pointed at it and said "yucky" she agreed. Then made her clean up the mess. In my own head I was sure this wouldn't happen again.
This morning I walk into her room and found a naked baby. I could smell the poop, but she had covered it up so well with the books she pulled from the bookshelf, the clothes she pulled from the drawer and the barbies, which she was now distracted with and enjoying. Needless to say I just cried...then laughed...then took another deep breath and began the clean up. One day I will be able to tell her this story when her kids are doing it. That will be sweet.

14 comments:

Kristin said...

That is so funny!( not to you I'm sure) Click on the name Robyn on my blog sidebar . She is my sister who is having some of the same issues, hers are a little worse. Just look it's funny to!

Heather said...

O.k. I read Kristins post, then went to her sisters post, and man, Amy, you got lucky this time. Then when I read what this post's name was, I started laughing. I didn't even see what you named it until now. Very Funny! I hope the day ahead of you isn't like the one behind you already (did I make a funny?) lol. Love to the munchkins.
Aunty Heather

We Three Madsens said...

Ha, kids are so silly. And sometimes quite gross and frustrating. Im sorry your having such troubles, at least you know it will pass... I hope!

Lauralee said...

oh so sorry.. I totally would have cried.. and done a lot of yelling.. aren't robyn's pictures DISGUSTING? oh the horror! well, hope it doesnt' happen again.. hope you are feeling better too!

Robert and Natalie said...

I am so sorry there is nothing fun about cleaning up poop.

melissa said...

Been there, done that it sucks!!!! But it comes with the territory, unfortunately. You are right the joy will come when we are grandparents and we can make fun of our kids when their kids do it. HAHA We are so evil.

kthom said...

O.k. so HELLO small world. I keep forgetting that Kristen (cousin in law) is an Orting-ite and thus knows some of my old friends...you being one. I happened upon your blog and was thrilled to find you and your expanded and darling family. Besides the horrendous poo incident...how is life? Details please. -Kari

Sweet Caroline said...

Listen. I will pick you up. Take you to a spa. I will have them give you a full body massage and facial. You can sit in a quiet room and listen to soft music.

Breathe...Just breathe...

Kathi said...

So I laughed then ran to show my husband what is coming around the bend for us soon. I am sure our day will come. Hang in there Amy

Sweet Caroline said...

Hi..me again! Did you know I would rather go to a bookstore over a massage, too? I thought that was funny. Barnes and Noble is my favorite place in the whole world! So quiet...so serene!

And...no two year olds!

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

oh man, that must be so frustrating. i am currently potty training my kids, well sort of, and they have peed all over the place i am sure, but no pooping, yet. i am sure the day will soon come. until then i can only imagine your pain. ;)

Sarah Tilley said...

man, one time henry took off his diaper and flipped it over, poop side down, and ground it into the braided rug in his room. some of the stuff i yelled is still hanging in space over the east coast.

the title's great. i've told herny he has a death wish so many times he now tells me when i have one. :)

April said...

Ohhhhhhhhh! Poor Momma! Way to laugh, though . . . You rock!
:-)

Jacobson Five said...

We had this issue with one of our boys. I however would not laugh, I would just do the crying thing. I was pregnant and not wanting to clean up poo. He would smear it on his feet and walk around the room. How about that for fun. We tried everything to get it to stop. One thing that kind of worked was safety pinning his shirt to his pants, however sometime we ended up with ripped clothes. Good luck.
P.S. Fun to see your blog, you look great and your kids are super cute.